12/31/17 - 9 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS FROM OUR BELOVED POPE FRANCIS
9 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS FROM OUR BELOVED POPE FRANCIS
Let us take to heart the recommendations of our beloved Pope Francis:
1. “Take care of your spiritual life, your relationship with God, because this is the backbone of everything we do and everything we are.”
2. “Take care of your family life, giving your children and loved ones not just money, but most of all your time, attention and love.”
3. “Take care of your relationships with others, transforming your faith into life and your words into good works, especially on behalf of the needy.”
4. “Be careful how you speak, purify your tongue of offensive words, vulgarity and worldly decadence.”
5. “Heal wounds of the heart with the oil of forgiveness, forgiving those who have hurt us and medicating the wounds we have caused others.”
6. “Look after your work, doing it with enthusiasm, humility, competence, passion and with a spirit that knows how to thank the Lord.”
7. “Be careful of envy, lust, hatred and negative feelings that devour our interior peace and transform us into destroyed and destructive people.”
8. “Watch out for anger that can lead to vengeance; for laziness that leads to existential euthanasia; for pointing the finger at others, which leads to pride; and for complaining continually, which leads to desperation.”
9. “Take care of brothers and sisters who are weaker ; the elderly, the sick, the hungry, the homeless and strangers, because we will be judged on this.”
COMING SOON TO SAINT LOUISE THIS YEAR!
Thanks to a generous benefactor, here are some of the initiatives we will realize here at St. Louise in the near future 1. Adoration Chapel: We will be enthroning Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament in an adoration chapel which will be located in the former ushers’ room in the 12 Mile atrium. Our Lord insists that one of the most important ways that we grow in our relationship with Him and that our parish grows is when souls have access to His presence in the Eucharist. Soon, you will have access to the presence of Jesus 24 hours a day, seven days a week! 2. Surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses: Just beneath our beautiful Stations of the Cross, we will be enshrining the relics of twelve saints. Jesus’ victory over sin and death is amazing! Nothing can separate us from His love! Jesus has established us in a communion with all the Saints. In the Acts of the Apostles, St. Luke tells us that Jesus healed the sick through a handkerchief that touched one of the apostles. Soon, you will be able to pray to Jesus through the intercession of our brothers and sisters who have gone before us. Here are some of the relics we have acquired so far: Saint John Paul II, Saint Maria Goretti, Saint Anthony of Padua, Saint Francis of Assisi, Saint Louis and Zellie Martin (parents of Saint Therese of Lisieux), St. Anne, St. Faustina, and St. John Neumann. 3. Adoring Angels: The beautiful angels that are adoring Jesus in our Nativity Scene will soon be placed near our Tabernacle in the Sanctuary. All throughout the Gospels, we see the Angels playing an active part in the working out of our Salvation. The Angels are certainly always present in the adoration of our King where He is present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Our adoring angels placed near our Tabernacle will help us rediscover a fitting awe and reverence before the presence of Jesus in our Tabernacle!
Wishing all the families of St. Louise a blessed and joyful New Year!